Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Green Smoothies

I've heard a lot about "green smoothies" lately, and I became intrigued so I Googled it.  What I discovered was that it seems that they have the name "green" because there are veggies in there, and it turns the whole thing into a bog-juice type of concoction.  I have a lot of friends who have been drinking these, and it seems to have become pretty trendy.  I figure that trendy things are usually trendy for a reason, right?  So I figured I'd try it out, even though they looked gross.  To my eternal surprise, I LOVED the green smoothie that I made, and I was shocked that it tasted more like fruit than veggie!  There are lots of different types, but the one I've been making the most looks like this:
Here's how to make it, if you're interested:
  • Put a cup of pure water into the blender.
  • Put a banana in next, so that it's next to the blade.
  • Add one cup of frozen mangoes or blueberries.
  • Add half a cup of frozen strawberries.
  • Lastly, add a handful or so of spinach, and blend blend blend!
Griffin ate some too, and this is what he thought:

Let me know if you decide to try it!!!

2 comments:

Kellie & Cody said...

(I just tried to comment...but I don't know if it worked! Sorry if it's double!) Anyway, it's hilarious that you did this! My sister got a blender for Christmas from a friend who got her going on this so she's been trying to talk me into it, and then there are a couple of people at work who are doing this...so interestingly enough, I just ordered the Ninja Blender on Monday because I heard it was a decent one to make these kind of smoothies in! I haven't had one yet, but I hear they taste yummy! And what a great way to get in your fruits and veggies for the day!!

Heather said...

Ugh! I've been wanting to do green smoothies for SO long! It's a great way to lose weight and become healthier! But, seeing as how we're poor and have no garden to gather our own veggies from, I am blah and boring and un-green-smoothied. Let me know other recipes! I want to do this SO bad! But, I also need an awesome blender. Which also requires money. Poo...