Thursday, February 16, 2012

Griffin's FIRST Birthday!!!

My wonderful, amazing, happy, funny, adorable, cute, crazy, happy boy had his first birthday party on Saturday, February, 11th - 4 days after his "real" birthday.  We had so much fun!  I have heard that some babies can crack under the pressure of a first birthday party, so you should keep it low key...we had over 30 people come through, and Griffin took it all in stride, because that's the kind of guy he is :)  We did an owl theme, "Guess Whooooo's 1?" and we decorated my whole house in owls.  My awesome mother-in-law is sort of in love with owls, so she had tons of stuff that we used.  I think it was a big success.  Here's some pics to commemorate the day:
Cupcakes that my friends Cami, Maureen, and I made.

Family shot :)

Some of the other fun little cupcakes.

Decorations!

More decorations - courtesy of my sis-in-law, Katie.

The spread.

First chocolate ever!

He dug in.

...and fed Grandpa

and loved it!

To wrap it up, Katie read the awesome story that she wrote for Griffin, while he napped :)

1 comment:

Kellie & Cody said...

I can't believe he is already a year old! That went fast!