Saturday, September 3, 2011

We're BLOGGING!!!

Classic Griff face
Or rather, I'm blogging.  I doubt Ty will ever post on this, but I wanted to start documenting our life, and I wanted a way for family and friends to look in on us from time to time and see Griffin's latest antics.  This blog will probably be mostly about Griffin, but I make no apologies because I know he's who everyone wants to hear about anyway :) 

 Griff will be 7 months old tomorrow and I find myself with mixed emotions like I always do around his milestones.  I love to see him grow and change but like every parent I'm sad to see him get any bigger.  I want him to be a snuggly and chubby baby forever!  He's learned all kinds of new things this last month:
  • He's sitting up for quite a long time on his own
  • He started solids and loves to eat oatmeal, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, peas, and peach yogurt.  He'll pretty much inhale anything we give him, which I love.
  • He rolled over at 2 months old, but now he's rolling everywhere and can scoot from side to side by moving his hands.
  • He's really fast at grabbing everything and loves cups, water bottles, and especially Mama's hair.
 Everyone asks who we think he looks more like, and in the beginning we would have both said he looks just like me, but as he's getting older we see more of his dad in him.  He's become a good mix.  He's got my cheeks, mouth, and eyelashes, and Tyler's eye shape and forehead.  His hair seems to be getting lighter, and he's still got his blue eyes, but everyone tells me that could change.  He's super solid and almost barrel chested, which we love, and so strong.  When I was pregnant I told Ty that I didn't want a skinny baby - the chubbier the better, and I got what I wanted!  He clocked in at 18 pounds 2 ounces at his 6 month doctor's appointment.
 He's the happiest little guy, most of the time, and he loves to hear his own voice.  He'll "talk" all day, which mostly consists of screaming, high pitched squeals, and grunting.  He's got a smile ready for anyone he meets, and loves to be out and about in new places.  I try to take him somewhere fun every day, so that he can explore the world and take everything in. In the morning he wakes up smiling and babbling in his crib, and loves to be cuddled while we sit in his rocking chair.  He's usually a great napper and will take two 2-3 hour naps a day along with the occasional third nap, and then sleep 10 hours at night.  I think everything he does is amazing, and I love to just watch him and see what he thinks up.  He's our favorite little man, and we're so glad to have him in our family! 

5 comments:

Kendra Goodrich said...

All right! I'm so excited, I love blogging (for the most part) and have been so grateful I started doing it because now I can look back at all the fun memories and pictures that I otherwise wouldn't have. Yea!!!!

Also I love Grif's first picture, such a pouty face. It's adorable.

Tatia said...

How fun! Your Griffin is so darling! I'm so glad you've started a blog!

Chelsea said...

So stinkin cute! I'm so glad you're blogging now so I can keep better track of you! :)

Stella Andes said...

Yay! So glad you're blogging. It's a great way to keep up on what's happening in your busy lives!!

Kirsten Smith said...

7 months already! Wow. He sure is a cutie! Welcome to the blogging world, I'll be following!