Sunday, October 2, 2011

Book worm

I read a lot.  I've been going to the library recently because it's free, it gets us out of the house, and Griffin likes to look at all the colorful books and have people tell him how cute he is :)  I like a lot of different things, but favorites are historical fiction, best sellers, and YA if I'm feeling like I want an easy read.  Some things I've been reading lately are:
I read the 5 of these, and then I read the 5 sequels.  I don't usually read a lot of LDS literature, but I really liked these books.  The first 5 are set during WWII, and the last 5 are set during the Vietnam War.  They're great for the history and I really enjoyed the plot and following all the different characters' stories.

This book rocked.  It's like the Hunger Games, but I think it's even better.  Ty read it and liked it a lot too.

This was a fun, quick read.  Very high school, very easy, but I actually really liked it.

This book and it's sequel take place in Poland in the eighteenth century.  It follows this really brave noblewoman who keeps having horrible things happen to her, but she overcomes a lot and winds up the better for it.  I really liked it for the history, but the plot was good too.

6 comments:

Kevin Perry said...

Is Ty still reading Wheel of Time? Is he anxious for the last book next year?

Griffsmom said...

Yeah, he has read them twice! He's way excited. He loved the one written by that other guy :) What's the other series you thought he'd like again? I can't remember. He's been reading a lot more these days.

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Thanks for posting these! I've been wondering what books to read. I've heard about Divergent.. I'll have to look into the others!!

Kevin Perry said...

Brandon Sanderson? Did we recommend Mistborn? I can't remember!

Carli and I are rereading Wheel of Time right now in preparation for the last book. I still think you should give it a try! ;-)

Griffsmom said...

Ty thinks so too. I told him I'd read all of the Wheel of Time books if he'd read Twilight :) I think he's getting the better end of the deal, but oh well!

Kellie & Cody said...

Ohhh! I love reading. And I love the Children of the Promise series. (Yes, I am a very weird non-Mormon. I've read the Work and the Glory series too. I know, strange! But loved them!) Anyway, but what I wanted to tell you is that you should read the Wheel of time series. It is amazing!! And it has a love triangle!!